Friday, August 21, 2009

Day Fifty Eight: August Twenty First



So.

The first time I saw Andrew was one year and two months ago. The first time I talked to him was roughly a year ago, followed by a period where the only contact between us was when he sent me a facebook message last November. I did not respond.

I didn't know Andrew until seven months ago, when he asked me if he could ride in the trunk of my car because we were cramming seven or eight people into my little two door car (now our little two door car). I told him no and made him get in the back seat, secretly thinking he was immature. We didn't talk the rest of the night, except for when he told me ostriches do not stick their head in the ground. Then he fell asleep on the floor of my living room. The same living room that where, three weeks later, he would tell me he loved me. And that where, six weeks later, he would tell me that he was planning on marrying me.

On Monday, we will have been lovers for seven months. On Tuesday, we will have been married for two months. But eight months ago, Andrew Chandler was just one of my facebook friends who updated his status more often than not.


So, sometimes I can't help myself when I look my dreamy man and think, "I'm married to Andrew Chandler. When did this happen?!"