Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Love Picture Books


Hi Friends!

Last week, I started reading Laurie Halse Anderson's blog. From it, I found out that not only has she written Speak, Wintergirls, and Prom, but she's also the author of this picture book. Zoe is currently in a contest to become one of five Cheerio box books, and you should check it out. I think this is such a spectacular idea, and regardless of whether you vote for Zoe or one of the other cute books, it's definitely worth a minute or two of your time. You can read more about it here and vote for a Cheerio picture book here.

[Speaking of picture books, yesterday my professor forwarded my manuscript to his editor. I'm not getting my hopes up, but how cool is that?! I thought this class would be fun, but I had no idea how much I would love writing picture books. If I laugh while I write them, I think I'm doing good.]

By the way, if you're looking for recommendations of books to read, E. Lockart puts in some serious plugs for other young adult authors. Don't flinch at young adult- I never thought I would love young adult books like I do until I enrolled in a Young Adult Literature class.