Saturday, January 09, 2010

Movement.

I have news.

On Thursday around 9:51 am...
I felt my child move.

It felt like this:
Flutter-Flutter-Flutter-BAM.

I thought this automatically:
"That was weird."

I thought this five seconds later:
"Was that food?"

I thought this twenty seconds later:
"I haven't ate yet today."

I thought this twenty-one seconds later:
"Weird."

I thought this three minutes later:
"That bam was like a punch. Or a kick."

So, I'm claiming that I felt Baby C. move.
And to you nay-sayers out there who think a lady can't feel movement till 16 or 17 weeks
[Read: Mr. C.]:
Just wait until you feel a BAM.
[Or, if you are a man, imagine a bam.]

It's only January and I'm ready for it to be July.
The baby in my belly is making me so baby hungry I can't concentrate.


We love baby toys.
We also talk about our baby all the time.

Sorry if I turn into a Mommy blogger without technically being a Mama.

But let's be honest, when this child is busy screaming, sleeping, and refusing to sleep through the night, I'll be photographing, recording, and documenting so much that only my mom and my mom-in-law will be able to cruise through these online pages without feeling nauseous.

P.S. I can't help it. I have fallen in love with the name Penelope. When Mr. C. brought it up, I laughed. But now I fantasize about having a little girl named Penelope Ann or Penelope Jane.

P.P.S. Our boy name is still Forrest. I am not retreating.

P.P.P.S. Mr. C. just showed me a picture his brother Ben took in France:
It's of the Twilight Series.
Want to know their French names?

Fascination.
Tentation.
Hesitation.
Revelation.

Why aren't those the names of Twilight in English? I can already hear the young, feminine hearts across the nation palpitating at a higher rate from such tempting titles.

P.P.P.P.S. Ben, we found your pictures of cute French girls.

P.P.P.P.P.S. And the ducks.