Saturday, January 30, 2010

We Take A Class Together

It's called the History of Religious Freedom.
The whole class is based on discussion and creating a bibliography.
Andrew's researching religious freedom in modern Germany.
I'm cataloging the primary sources our Founding Fathers read.
Currently, we're reading this book.
We really, really like it.


I don't like that it's during my nap time.
I feel a little bad for the teacher because the class is tiny and I doze.
I know it's bad because sometimes he asks me how I'm feeling.
He's a gem of a professor.
It's really weird to only have one major now.


Andrew's really, really into our class.
He's recently decided he wants to be a history professor.
As a result, his new heroes are not just Batman and John Lennon, but also historians.
His mouth hangs open while the teachers talk about whatever their specialty is.
He also answers questions in full paragraphs, complete with hand motions.
And when he talks in class, sometimes I catch myself giving him lovey dovey eyes.
I think it's safe to say I am a sucker for Mr. C.
Even in a history class.