Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where Mr. C. Gets Baby Presents.


Mr. C. turns 23 this week.
Old, huh?
He won't be able to tease me about our 4 month gap for 8 months.
I am so glad.

Mr. C. had his birthday present picked out months ago.
He's an avid Motion City Soundtrack fan.
He loves them so much that when I told him I left their concert willingly my freshman year of college, he balked.
Then he looked at me again and balked all over again.
Luckily, he forgave me for this scruple.
BUT their new album comes out this week.
It's his present.

That.
And baby stuff.

Since we don't know the baby's gender, we have a few gender neutral sleepers, almost enough onesies, and some gender neutral outfits courtesy of Josh and Ana that will fit the babe at five or six months. We don't want to buy too many clothes before we know if the babe is a boy a girl but today, we decided to browse Old Navy.

I have never seen Mr. C. so happy in my entire life.
Not even on our wedding day.

The presents he picked for himself?


If you believe Wolverine is a little boyish, you are correct. The hoodie, which won't fit our child for another year and a half to two years, was bought solely on the stipulation that if the baby is a girl, the hoodie will be mailed to Cole. However, in the past few hours, Andrew has been trying to convince me that coupled with an orange bow and a black skirt, the Wolverine hoodie would be perfect for a little girl (he wants me to tell you that he is RIGHT).

Mr. C. even took some close ups:


After purchasing these threads and after Mr. C.'s declaration that it was time to start playing John Lennon to my belly, we went to the bookstore where he picked out these classics:


Seriously.
The Hot Dog book is the funniest book I have ever read.
I don't even like hot dogs.

At the end of the night, Mr. C. concluded that he just got the best birthday presents anyone has ever gotten in their entire life.

I'm so glad my hubs is so excited to be a dad.