Monday, February 08, 2010

Baby Toys

How cute are these?!?


After seeing these, Mr. C. and I headed to a craft store for my Valentine's Day present. He bought me a few balls of yarn and a beginner's crochet packet. I don't know how to crochet yet, but tonight I started a blanket and I'm hoping I learn fast enough that I can make some of these stuffed animals in the next few weeks. I am all about homemade stuffed animals and toys, and I am so excited to learn to make these... especially since they have free (and easy!!) patterns online.

I also found a website today where they list tutorials and examples of baby stuff you can make on your own. Andrew laughs (endearingly) at me so hard because I get so so so excited about the things I can make our little bun in the oven. Obviously, since we're married college students and only half employed, we're working on a budget and I can't think of a better way to save money than to make toys and little things that make a baby's life cozy. Plus, I'm just excited to make things for our little love instead of just buying. It gives me that much more of a connection to the child that makes my stomach bigger each day.

I'm counting down the days until I get a sewing machine.
Because as soon as it comes, I am making bibs.
Followed by more stuffed animals.