Friday, February 05, 2010

Paint, Fabric, and Plastic

The past 7 1/2 months, Andrew and I have been using a heinous plastic dresser. Everything else is shoved into every nook and cranny (is that a word?) in our closet.

This week, I had enough of it.

I couldn't stand the plastic anymore.
I pulled out some paint and fabric- meaning some old clothes and some scraps- and pulled this together the last few days:


And I am happy.

So happy that Mr. C. is getting kicked out of this dresser and is getting his own. I let him pick out the fabric for his dresser (yet to be bought) yesterday. What did he pick?

Plain yellow and blue.

The man is obsessed with his basketball team.
But he's letting me do this to plastic furniture, so I am happy.

P.S. When I emailed this picture to my mom tonight, my dad was with her. I heard him look at the picture and say, "She takes after her mother." She doesn't like plain home decor, either.

Oh, Pops. You are a funny (and honest) man.