Saturday, February 27, 2010

There Will Be Three of Us Before Too Long.

My favorite photoshoot from our trip was taken on our last night on the ocean during our ritual pre-dinner.
I'm cooking a child, so I can do things like eat pre-dinners.
(I also eat a waffle every day...
Or have a minor breakdown if I run out of ingredients.)







We are really mature.

And speaking of our maturity...
Last night after indulging in Baskin Robbin's Peanut Butter and Chocolate heavenly deliciousness and Cafe Rio's pork salad slathered in that amazing dressing (yes, in said order), Mr. C. and I decided to go straight to sleep.
As we climbed under the covers, Mr. C. started laughing from his pillow. As I watched him, a little fact hit home again: We are going to be parents.

Parents = Total responsibility for another human being. In every way possible. For, well, ever.

Thinking about this, I looked at him and asked, "Do you think we'll ever be grown up and mature?"

In my head, I was thinking, "Holy crud. We are halfway there. We are about to be responsible for another human being."

Mr. C. just smiled.
I smiled back.

This morning as I replayed our almost-conversation in my head, I remembered something. We are twenty-year-olds. Twenty-three-year-olds. We're starting our family so early that we'll still be in our twenties when Baby C. turns six. So maybe we won't be as mature and founded as other couples starting their families in their late twenties and early thirties, but our baby (and following babies) will be raised in a family full of love, laughter, and faith.

And even though becoming a mother is equally intimidating and exciting, I would not have it any other way.