Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Found While Thrifting

When I was a little girl, my mom had a cross-stitched picture of a woman holding a baby that hung in our bedroom and was later moved to the hallway. Next to the cross-stitched woman, a poem was stitched to the cloth in orange thread.
As I learned to read, I'd recite the poem to myself constantly, proud that I could decipher something that had been right in front of me for my whole life.
A few weeks ago, while searching through a thrift store I had never been to, I glanced at the aisle next to me and saw this:



I dropped what I was doing and headed straight for it.
The frame is different, but the woman, the rocker, and the poem look the same. They're even done in the exact same colors of the one that currently hangs outside of my sister's bedroom.

We don't have a rocking chair, but you better believe this little baby is now hanging on our bedroom wall amidst a smattering of other frames.