Thursday, May 20, 2010

Barefoot and Pregnant in the Kitchen.

Contrary to the message sent out by the plethora of Chick Fil A posts that can be found on this blog, I cook a lot.
Meaning, I spend about an hour and a half in the kitchen every day throwing unmeasured ingredients around- no matter how busy my schedule is.

Barefoot.
(And pregnant, too... Max is not detachable.)

Two weeks ago, though, I had an unpleasant surprise.

Remember how in my first trimester I barely ate anything besides toast?
My friends, this eating habit has come back to haunt me.

But this time, it's not just toast.
It's also muffins, bread, cereal, tortillas, and sandwiches.



I would probably like cake and ice cream, too, but I'm not making it to find out.

Why?
My stomach is full all the time.



Thus, I'm never hungry and when my stomach starts growling, my stomach still feels too full to put anything in it.

And so, though I still supply Mr. C. with food meeting the requirements of the pyramid, I eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches twice a day, space it out with some other kind of carb, and carry fruit juice and water around at all times.

I live an exciting life.