Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bed Rest at the Chandler Household.

Have I ever mentioned that I have always been extremely busy?
So much that I often (almost always) happily over schedule myself?

That's not how bed rest works.
Now that I'm confined to sitting and/or laying on the bed, the couch, and the chair for the start of summer, Mr. C. is in charge of everything including:

Laundry.
Dinner.
Dishes.
Cleaning.
Grocery Shopping.

Did I mention he also works full time and goes to school?

I feel bad for him, but not so bad for him that these conversations haven't occurred in the last two days.

Conversation Before Andrew Went to Work Yesterday:
Mr. C.: "You see these dishes?"
Me: "Yes."
Mr. C.: "They will be here when I get back, right?"
Me: "Uh-huh."
Mr. C.: "And I don't mean in the clean side or in the cupboard. They'll be right here when I get back."
Me: "Hmm-hmm."
Mr. C.: "Elisabeth?"
Me: "Yep. They'll be right there."
Mr. C.: "They better be."

Conversation While I Took a Shower Today and Saw Something on the Tub I Wanted to Clean:
Me: "Hey Andrew, will you bring me a sponge?"
Mr. C.: "A sponge? Where are they?"
Me: "It's in the bucket full of cleaning supplies."
Mr. C.: "Got it." and then he gave it to me.

...Five minutes pass...

Mr. C.: "Give me the sponge."
Me: "What? No."
Mr. C.: "I can hear you cleaning something."
Me: "I don't know what you're talking about."
Mr. C.: "Give it to me."
Me: "What did you think I was going to use it for?"
Mr. C.: "I didn't think about it, I just gave it to you."

...I keep cleaning for fifteen more seconds...

Mr. C.: "If you give me the sponge now, I'll clean it tomorrow."
Me (begrudgingly): "Fine."

And so, hours after the sponge episode (the only rebellious thing I've really done the past few days), I am on the couch, bored and ready for the next five weeks or so to be done and for my rolly polly sumo baby to get here.

I have to admit, though, Sundays are the best days because Mr. C. is home almost all day and he goes on bed rest with me:



Well, he almost goes on bed rest with me.
He still has to cook and clean and do all that other stuff I'm usually in charge of... and he does not complain. And that is another one of the trillion reasons I love him.