Monday, May 03, 2010

My Name is Lissa and I'm a Nerd

The next few weeks will be gone before I know it.
I'm totally going to milk them for all they are worth before then.

One way I will be doing so?
Reading.
I want to read all the books I can get my little hands on.
(Did you know I have little hands? I wear a ring size 3 1/4.)

Books and I have a serious love affair.
Sometimes Mr. C. gets a little jealous when I stay up in bed reading until 3 or 4 or when I stick to my side of the couch and curl up with my books instead of him.
Other times he loves our love affair because he never has to worry about what to get me for presents.

This weekend, I finished A Wrinkle in Time and Love, Stargirl.



Now I've started on The Alchemist.



I know, I'm a little behind on the times.

After that?
I'll read Water for Elephants and The Giver.



I've never read The Giver.
Mr. C. gave the ending away at dinner last week, but I'm not even sure what he was talking about so whatev.
Speaking of Lois Lowry, I've never read her books and thus thought she was a man until in my Young Adult Literature class fall semester, a student gave a presentation about her and made fun of people who thought she was a man. Woops.

Sometime this summer, I'm going to have to appease Mr. C. and read this trilogy.



Mr. C., his mother, and Ben (and maybe Matt?) are in love with these books.
I think the covers are scary.
Thus my face.

But after that?
There are hundreds of options and I don't know where to go.

Anyone read any good books lately?!
I like them in all shapes, sizes, and genres...

Oh, and yes, I not only took a whole bunch of pictures of myself with books, I also uploaded them to the internet.
No, Mr. C. was not home when I did so.