Sunday, May 16, 2010

When You Are Married, Every Night is a Sleepover.

And by that, I mean every kind of sleepover you can imagine.

Sleepovers where you stay up way too late talking.
(A lot of) Sleepovers where you have to get up early in the morning.
Sleepovers where you jump on the bed before crashing.
Sleepovers where you do tooth brush dances.
Sleepovers where you fall asleep to movies.
Sleepovers where you wake up in the middle of the night.

Last night was a sleepover where my best friend fell asleep before me and since I was too tired to think, I was mad.



Since I was mad and since I am in the third trimester of pregnancy, I slept terribly.
When we woke up at seven, I was not only mad and tired, I was mad, a little weepy, and too tired to function.

After church (where I somehow managed to teach half our Sunday School lesson), we came home and I slept for a really long time.
Then Mr. C. woke me up and had me laughing within two minutes.

Later, we went to see a waterfall and had a serious Hungry Hungry Hippo and Guess Who showdown once we got back home.
I know, we play games meant for five year olds.
It is fun.

Right now, it's not even eight and my eyes are already so tired (again!) that they're watering more and more with each passing minute.
But I'm okay with that.
Why?
Because I get to have a sleepover with my best friend tonight.
Just like I did last night and just like I will tomorrow night, and the next night, and the next night, and all the nights after that.