Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Four Fathers in Our Fam

Daddy-in-Waiting:


Oh, Mr. C.
Sometime in the next few weeks, he will become such a good daddy.
And that is one of the million reasons I married him.

Daddy-O to Young'uns:


Nathan is pretty much the perfect example of a young father.
Sophie was born right before he started law school and Cole was born less than two years later.
Sophie is such a Daddy's Girl it's ridiculous, but my favorite thing Nathan ever said (for Andrew's benefit) about parenthood occurred the day we found out Max was a little man and it went something like this:
"Boys are fun, but sometimes they're really annoying because they're a miniature you and you know exactly why they're doing what they're doing."

My Second Dad:


I wasn't around when he was raising his three boys, but I can tell you without a doubt that he did something right.
He is Mr. C.'s father, after all.
He's also who we're naming Max after.

Pops:



My dad is a gem.
He's father to six children, aged twenty-seven to nine.
He made us have jobs in high school, expected us to help my mom, likes to needle us in any way possible, is happiest when surrounded by his children, and probably has the most dry sense of humor known to man.
He is the nicest man and loves my mom in a way that mortified me as a teenager- did he have to kiss her every time he thought we weren't looking and did he have to make us move every time we watched a movie together just so he could cuddle with her- but now that I'm an adult, my dad's love for my mom might be one of my favorite things about him.
And I guess he's kinda a genius, but you didn't hear that from me.

Happy Father's Day!!