Thursday, June 03, 2010

YES.


My mom is coming out for a long weekend with me and Mr. C.
My aunt will be here both tonight and Monday night, too.
We are really excited.

Though we talk every day, I haven't had much (if any) alone time with my mom since before I got married, and I know for a fact that I haven't had a full day of her all to myself since July 2008 when we drove from Provo to Lee's Summit together.
But for the next five days, I get to be totally selfish with her, which means we'll probably just talk about Max.

Don't think I'm too stingy with sharing my mom, though- I know full well that as soon as my sumo baby comes out, he'll probably like her more than he likes me.
How do I know this?
When I was a little girl, I always picked my grandmother over my mother.
And not just a little- as all mothers are, my mom was really excited when I first started saying "Mom".
She got a little less excited, though, when she realized that when I said "Mom" I meant "Grandma."
Oops.