Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sharks

Like all other men in the United States, Mr. C. is watching Shark Week.

[Yes. We drew this last year during church in honor of Shark Week kicking off.]

More accurately, Mr. C. just walked in the door from work, threw on his pajamas, picked up the baby, plopped on the couch, and flipped channels until he found the show "River Monsters."

Then the following conversation ensued.
[Keep in mind we are laking it up at the Lake of the Ozarks next week.]

Mr. C.: "I don't think I should be watching this."
Me: "Why?"
Mr. C.: "They found a shark in a river."
Me: "Uh-huh..."

Side note: I have four brothers and was raised on Jaws.
I'm very aware sharks can get in rivers.

Mr. C.: "No. They found a shark 1000 miles up a river."
Me: "K."

...A few minutes pass by...

Mr. C: "They found a shark in ILLINOIS!"
Me: "Andrew! There won't be any sharks at the lake!"
Mr. C.: (hesitatingly) "Okay."

Heaven help me.
My husband's going to be looking for sharks in the lake next week.
Good thing I didn't tell him about the gator population heading up north...

------

Post Edit:

After Mr. C. read this, he headed back to the couch and said:

"Max, you're not getting in the lake at all because then the shark/gator will eat you in one little bite and then say 'Mmmm... where's your dad?' "