Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The World of No Makeup

If you want to know what I look like sans make up, look below:


(Also at the post below... alright, and at many other posts scattered about.)

Confession: I didn't wear makeup regularly until I was twenty years old. Yep, twenty. And foundation? I wear it once in a blue moon and to be totally honesty, my mother and I got into an argument my senior year because I was furious when she bought me foundation for my senior pictures. Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds.

What's more ridiculous?
We got into the argument in front of some of my friends.

However, now that I'm the ripe ol' age of twenty-three (almost twenty-four!), I have become a believer in make-up, particularly in eyeliner and mascara, which are my daily staples. I'm still not a make-up connoisseur- I believe in good hair more than I believe in glitz and glam (do not tell me if you think my hair is bad, because it was this time last summer)- and I don't even own a tube of lipstick. Bad, I know.

So, it probably shouldn't be surprising that one of my favorite things about getting a little color is putting the makeup away. It's liberating to not have to worry about rubbing off you eyeliner or smudging your mascara.

And that is all I have to say about that.