Thursday, September 02, 2010

A Letter to Max

Dear Max,

One of my favorite things about you is the way you like to snuggle.
When I put you on my chest, you scoot up to my neck, make a few baby noises, and pass out.
It's the cutest thing I have ever seen.
It also makes me incredibly sleepy, in a lovely kind of way.

Your dad thinks I'm crazy because, even though you're hooked up to a machine while you sleep to monitor your breathing, I slip you into bed with us every night after he falls asleep.
Usually I pull you up against my front while your dad snuggles against my back and I kiss your fluffy head and stroke your tiny fingers.
When you're awake, you look up at me in the dark and smile.
When you're asleep, you grunt and snuggle closer.
I'd say it's our little secret, but Daddy knows about it since usually he's just pretending to be asleep and when he's not, I wake him up and say, "Look how perfect he is!"


You're the baby that made me a mama and every time you snuggle close, every time I sing you songs and wiggle your toes, I think about how somehow, you've changed my entire life.

It hasn't been easy, but Boy, you are the best thing that ever happened to me and your daddy.

Love,


Mama.