Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just Some Thoughts On Being a Mama.

A few minutes ago, I was about to write a post about Max's first Halloween party.
Then I snuck another glance at this photo:


Because falling in love with Mr. C. and having his child has made me way more emotional than I ever thought possible, I got a little choked up. I love the little dragon I'm holding in the above photo more than I ever could have imagined.

And so, here are some of my favorite thoughts on motherhood:


"God entrusts women to bear and nurture his children. No other work is more important."


"A mother-daughter relationship is where a daughter learns how to nurture by being nurtured. She is loved. She is taught and experiences firsthand what it feels like to have someone care about her enough to correct her while continuing to encourage and believe in her at the same time."


"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of Jesus Christ."


"Every girl and women who makes and keeps sacred covenants can have a mother heart. There is not limit to what a woman with a mother heart can accomplish."


"There is no perfect way to be a good mother... What matters most is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, she prioritizes them above all else."


I always wanted to be a mother.
Now that I'm four months in, I can't believe how lucky I was to get pregnant quickly, how lucky I was to have a beautiful boy thirty-seven weeks later, and how lucky I am to get to mother him every day and every night, screaming fits included.

You better believe I'm excited for the rest of the babies that follow him.
As is Mr. C.
So much that he may be warming up to the name Ruby Claire for a future daughter...
But you didn't hear that here.