Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh Hey, Rice Cereal.

Warning: If you are not a grandma, grandpa, aunt, or (maybe?) uncle this may bore you...

I take that back.
This will probably bore you if you are an uncle too but whatev.
It does not bore me.

Max weighs a whoppin' 17 pounds 1 1/2 ounces.
He's also 25 inches long.
Which means he really IS a sumo baby... and a sumo baby who is starting on solids at the ripe ol' age of four months.
(Doc W. gave us the thumbs up at 2 pm this afternoon.)

We are excited.
He may not be as excited as we are.
Actually, I know he's not because he wanted to nurse right after.
And then fifteen minutes after that...
And then thirty minutes later...
He didn't even want apple juice!


That's alright though, because now there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Meaning, as soon as he realizes solids are fun, I'll be able to keep my shirt down for more than ninety minutes.


And that, my friends, is the best news I've heard in four months.