Friday, November 26, 2010

Me and My Bum Ankle

Back in the days before Mr. C. and Max, I tore all the ligaments in my ankle.


I could say I was racing from danger or something awesome, but really I just fell down the stairs.
It took six weeks for my ankle to heal (well, it never fully healed, which is why it's my bum ankle but whatev), which was really lame because I had to take baths every day (and I couldn't walk) but really awesome because I had an excuse to order pizza twice a week and I still dropped five pounds... also because I got to take a midterm in bed.

Cue today, three years and six weeks later.

We're heading to the grocery store, I maneuver myself over our living room littered with luggage and...

CRACK!!

I stumbled over myself and through the doorway, hitting the pavement with a twisted ankle and a bleeding leg.

So, three hours later, I'm back in bed, Mr. C.'s at work and Max is filling diapers. My already-bum ankle is in a brace, I'm wearing Mr. C.'s pajama pants, and I can't walk.

BUT...

Mr. C. gave me an early Christmas present before heading to work, so I guess all is fair in love and ankle?