Friday, November 12, 2010

A Winner


Tonight, we went and said farewell to Katie, one of my favorite friends.
She's headed to DC in the morning and will rock her new life there, mostly because she is amazing but also because she is gorgeous and will have no trouble getting along on the East coast.

Afterwards, when we were buckled snugly into our little red car, Mr. C. pulled onto the dark road, looked at me and said, "Baby. You still got it."

Which maybe that sounds chauvinistic, but I've been extremely self conscious about my appearance since Max was born, so I smiled, blushed, and said, "Thanks" even though I wanted to say "Whatev."

Then we came home and he made me hot chocolate even though he hates it.


And that, my friends, is how I know I married a winner.

Let me rephrase that: And today, that is how I knew I married a winner.