Sunday, December 05, 2010

In Case You Want to Smile...

I have been singing this song for at least a week:



Also, today is my parent's anniversary.
A year from today, they will have been married for thirty years!

Want to know a fun fact?
They got engaged after dating for two weeks! Two weeks!
Even better?
They met when my dad was on his mission- Pops saw her at church and knew she was the only girl for him. Which meant he was awkward around her the whole time he served in Mobile (where they moved back to after they were married)... and which also meant Mama thought he was a nerd.

Then she saw him after he was off his mission and BAM she was in love.
Just like that.
As she put it to me growing up:
"I wanted to crawl in the backseat and hide because as soon as I saw him in regular clothes, I knew we were going to get married."

Twenty-nine years, six kids, two daughter-in-laws, one son-in-law, and three and a half grandchildren later, they still put other lovers to shame with their hand holding and mushy gazes.
It's kinda embarrassing... but also awesome.