Sunday, December 12, 2010

Me and Mr C

Kiss 2

I love him.

I love that when you are engaged, you think you have the whole world figured out.
That the only thing you'll ever need is your lover and Chick-fil-A.

I love that when you are first married, you can't talk about anything besides your lover.
About how they are perfect and wonderful and maybe even your soulmate, even though you never believed in such a cheesy sentimentality before. Love overtakes everything else and you think all you'll ever need is your lover and maybe a blanket to snuggle under.

I love that when you have a baby, said baby is a combination of the two of you.

I love that when, after the baby is born and your hormones are up and down even worse than during pregnancy, your lover somehow becomes more of a best friend than they ever were before. That somehow even when rubbing two pennies together to make a dollar sets you at odd with one another, you end up back together, reminiscing about how you first met, just to take your mind off the bills piled on the desk.

I love that when your first fight is over but the betrayal and hurt still lingers, you wind up snuggling and talking all through the night until tears become laughter... even if it takes days, weeks, or months to get there.

I love that cooking dinner together becomes one of your favorite past times, even though some nights you'd rather rush off to a restaurant or order in just to get the meal over with and the rest of the night's tasks completed.

I love that when the baby is asleep, you stay up talking and teasing until three instead of getting much-needed sleep or finishing homework just so you can feel the flutters that will always be there, even when they get covered by stress and frustration.

And most of all, I love that even though Mr. C. and I have nothing figured out, we will always have each other.