Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Student Moms.

So, in my entire academic career I have had five college-aged student-moms in my classes.

The first sat by me when she came, which was maybe once a week, and she missed the midterm.
Actually, I think she missed the final, too but I could be misremembering.
The second came to class with a huge belly one day and came back with a less-huge belly and a picture the next.
The third was in a seven am dance class I took, trying to work off her baby weight.
The fourth never showed up in class until it was time for a final project that we worked on together... and we rocked it.
The fifth is me.

It's not news, but I've been having a really hard time balancing everything.
Now that I can barely walk, it's even harder.
Like this morning, I started to get ready, walked out the door, and realized it was 10:10 and that I wouldn't get to class until 10:30, so we turned the car back around and I am right here.

I am thinking maybe I will go the Independent Study route after I finish my capstone.
But heaven only knows how scared I am for my report card come the end of this month.