Friday, January 28, 2011

This Post is Embarrassing

There are reasons why I take the pictures.

Why I'm Usually Behind the Camera

Yep. That's one of them.
Andrew snapped this yesterday and I now know that if by some catastrophe all of my photographs disappear, this one will somehow live on so that when my great-great-great grandchildren want to know what their long lost grandmother looked like, they'll see this and think, "Ah! Witchy Woman!"

Which reminds me:
Once, in second grade, a boy in my class said that I looked like a witch in the yearbook.
He wasn't at our school the next year and by the time we were in high school and re-acquainted, I pretended like I didn't remember him even when he mentioned that we'd been in the same second grade class one day after we'd spent the afternoon hanging out in my bedroom. Our conversation went like this:

Me: "Oh yeah? I don't remember you."
Unnamed High School Friend: "...Yeah, that's pretty crazy. I, um, don't remember you, either."

Not even going to lie, I was eighteen years old when that happened.
I think I might hold grudges.

But whatev... at least all of my clothes fit normally again which means I'm usually not frumpy and also un-witchlike, despite the expression I have in the above picture.

Heart

And yep.
That's another reason I take all the pictures.
Max has recently discovered that he can move from one end of the room to the other in five seconds flat and now my life is over. Yesterday he tried to eat plastic before I even knew he was gone.

Heaven help us all.

P.S. I've already embarrassed myself, so if you want to see what I looked like at fifteen, look here.
I know, I was a total heartbreaker- glitter make up and all.
If only Andrew had known me then...