Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am Pretty Much the Same.

Y'know how, when you get older, you sometimes haughtily look back on your former self like if only you knew then what you know now, you never would have made the decisions you made then?

Admit it. It's like a human trait we can't escape.

I do it all the time. Alright, not all the time. But sometimes.
Like, if I'd known I was going to marry Andrew, I probably wouldn't have kissed all the boys I kissed and if I'd known what school was like as a student mom, I probably would have finished pregnant and if, when I was thirteen, I'd known what blue eye shadow actually looked like on me, I probably wouldn't have ever bought blue eyeshadow, let alone worn it for three months straight.

But then I load pictures on to my computer that look like this:

Twenty Four

And I realize I'm wearing the almost the same expression and basically the same outfit in this:

Twenty

Only, y'know, it was taken more than four years earlier.
And then I realize that, because I'm myself, if I did know what I knew now, I would have done everything I did anyway, except I may have been a little riskier because I would have known everything would work out so, really, there's not much use thinking about it anyways.

But that's just me.

P.S. Sorry for the different sized photographs. I copped the second one off of my sister's facebook.

PP.S. Sorry my blog is a little schizophrenic now-a-days, I'm busy trying to graduate.
And once I get that diploma, things around here will be a whole lot more interesting.