Thursday, April 21, 2011

What I Learned.

Well. It's done.
I'm graduated, even though I opted out of the traditional cap and gown routine.

Love

Tonight, after all of the Chandlers dispersed, I cuddled up to Andrew in our cozy apartment and, as our little babe slept in the next room, I couldn't help but think about how much I've learned since I came to BYU four years ago.

If I felt the need to prove my nerdiness on this blog, maybe I would talk about the papers I wrote researching unwilling nuns trapped in convents during the Renaissance. Or maybe I'd give you a quick rundown of the many religious movements that have happened in America and maybe I'd draw a parallel between Puritans and Mormons. Or maybe I'd tell you the difference about literature with a capitol "L" and a lowercase "l". Or maybe I'd read you quotes from a philosophy paper I wrote addressing the replacement of God or I'd tell you about how, three years ago, a professor set up a meeting with me so that she could advise me to start pursuing a writing career.

But I don't feel that need because, to me, learning is more than what happens in classrooms and meetings.

And, more than anything, what I've learned in college is this:
You need to love yourself and you need to find someone who loves you for you.
Because if you have that, everything else will fall into place.

Graduation

(More pictures to come, Mama. More pictures to come.)