Monday, May 23, 2011

Pictures From My Mother's Kitchen Floor

Something awesome about being a photographer is that, at age twenty-four, you can still play dress up and have photoshoots with your sister and it's not, like, lame because thirty minutes of squealing and ridiculous poses later, you've got beautiful, loud, and sparkly images hidden in the 622 pictures that the two of you have taken in a flurry of sisterly babble.

Yes. I just said "sisterly babble" and if you don't know what that means, you've never had a sister.

I'm sure I'll post more of these later because half of them make me laugh so hard I can't see straight, but for now, here's some of my sister and I sitting on my mom's kitchen floor.

OrangeOrange
Orange
Orange

Anna's been my main model for years, so when she gets going she moves faster than a speeding bullet (yes, I just said that), and for most of her photos, I had a blast capturing her movement. You can see a hint of that here, but when I post more photographs later in the week, you'll be shocked by how crazy her hair gets, even when it's au naturale... as it is here.

Orange
Orange
Orange
Orange

I, on the other hand, feel extremely shy in front of cameras and mostly hold still as a mouse. The irony behind this statement? I am (usually) really outgoing, and Anna is (usually) really shy.