Sunday, May 01, 2011

Vintage Books

I've talked before about how cheap books are at used book stores, but I've been keeping a secret.

Books

The secret?
Used book stores aren't just full of bestsellers from 2004 and $500 first editions.
They're also full of books that were printed before either of my parents were born, meaning that we've scooped up fifty year old James Bond books for two bucks a pop. Like all men, Mr. C. wishes he had been born Agent 007 (minus the womanizing, obviously) so finding these hidden gems makes him extremely happy whenever we stop at our favorite used bookstore. As for me, I don't care much about James Bond, but I love how pretty book pages were in the 1950s.

Books
Books

As for the yellow pages, they're pretty too, but mostly we got 'em because we traded in some of our old books for this 1982 set of the Lord of the Rings. Suffice it to say, my geeky husband is in heaven.

And I'm off to snuggle on the couch and watch the Return of the King.