Friday, June 17, 2011

A Letter from Maxwell

Dear Tucanos,

It's been fun. Really, it has.

tucanos

You introduced me to my first lemonade, my first pineapple, and my first steak bite that I got to eat all by myself without having to share with Mama or Daddy. Your waitresses were fun to flirt with and your highchairs weren't that different than other highchairs, but they were special because they were yours.

tucanos
tucanos

And the truth is, even though we only spent two or three afternoons together, you meant a lot to me. I could see us going places- hanging out after high school swim meets, hosting "man nights" and eating together every July for my free birthday meal. But Mom and Dad have decided to move on, so I guess I have to, too.

tucanos
tucanos

Till Uncle Ben graduates, Tucanos!
I'll miss you, your meat, your mashed potatoes and your carrots, too.

tucanos

Sincerely,
Maxwell David Chandler