Monday, June 13, 2011

Lovebirds

Before we got hitched, I ordered red and orange lovebird vinyl stickers for our kitchen.

Lovebirds
[Me putting our lovebirds up in 2009.
Don't mind the grain and darkness of this picture. It was lost in the Computer Crash of 2010 and I had to rip it off Facebook.]

It was love at first, second, fifteenth, and eight-second sight (at least for me). They were the first thing we decorated our little home with and one of my favorite parts of our entire tiny (thirty five year old and never remolded) apartment. So, on Saturday, I decided that they needed to be the first thing to go.

I'm not going to lie, I sat down on the floor, started peeling off lovebirds and fifteen seconds later, started biting back tears. This was our first home together. Our first little love nest, complete with lovebirds and a little bird (and by bird I mean beast) that we grew from bun to one in four tiny rooms! How could I be so done with a place that held so much happiness and excitement for me two years ago, back when I didn't know the difference between dusting once a week and dusting three times a day?

Which is when Max crawled up beside me making "ah!" sounds and did this:

Lovebirds
Lovebirds
Lovebirds
Lovebirds
Lovebirds

And as much as I loved my lovebirds, I don't think I ever got as much enjoyment out of them as Max did for seven minutes.

Also, I think it's time for a bigger kitchen.
Good thing we have one waiting in Arkansas!