Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Homes

Did you know that I am a crazy cleanaholic neat freak?

Fisheye

It's actually a really, really bad habit. Most days, I can't even sleep if something (like a pair of shoes) is on the living room floor. I am addicted to cleanliness. Which is why, last night, Andrew Chandler sat me down and said something like this:

"Spotless homes are not happy homes. Happy homes are homes where Max pulls all of the books of a bookcase before you even know he's gone. Happy homes are homes where there's a water puddle in the bathroom because the whole family went swimming and we were so busy having fun that, when we changed, the swimsuits didn't make it completely in the shower or the sink. Happy homes are homes where there's crayons on the floor. Happy homes are homes where the peanut butter got left out on the counter after lunch because everyone took a nap together afterwards. That's a happy home to me. And I know it's a happy home to you, too."

Then he ordered me to take a few days off from my normal household responsibilities.
It was hard for me to stay in bed this morning, particularly when I heard Max and Andrew tearing it up in the other room, but, by this afternoon, I felt happier than I have in a really, really long time.

Fisheye

And, because I wasn't busy being a ball of stress, our family had a party on mom and dad's bed, complete with our fantastically cheap, plastic, so-lame-it's-awesome fisheye lens.

Fisheye
Fisheye
Fisheye
Fisheye
Fisheye
Fisheye

Afterwards, we pulled out some cash from a piggy bank (seriously), clipped some coupons, and had a cheap dinner. And during dinner? Maxwell said his first real word! And by "real word" I mean a word that wasn't "Mom", "Daddy", "Up!", "Hi", "Hey", or "Yeah".

The word?
"Chi-ca-ca!"

Fisheye

The rumors are true. We have a Chick-fil-a addict on our hands.

P.S. I'm back on twitter now. Let's be friends!