Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

What Sunday afternoon looked like from my side of the bed:

Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon

What Sunday afternoon looked like from Andrew's side of the bed:

Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon

What Sunday afternoon looked like from Andrew's side of the bed when the baby beast refused a nap:

Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon

What Sunday afternoon looked like once our little (shirtless) monster kicked us out of our bed:

Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Afternoon

In a day or two, our home will be completely finished. The piles of stuff waiting to be sorted will be gone, I'll have a table top covered in chalkboard paint, and a wriggling toddler who just wants to go swimming. I am excited, but today, Mr. C. and I kept things simple. We went to church, had dinner with friends, and talked to my brother for three hours while we ate cookies, I edited photographs, the boys played video games, and Maxwell slept.

But most of all, Mr C. and I reveled in the baby fat that's quickly falling off of our little boy's rolls. We sang to him, laughed with him, watched him walk all over our home, and told him we loved him and his rosy cheeks.

And honestly, playing with our boy made our entire day lovely.
Lately, I've realized just how lucky we are to have a happy, healthy baby. I don't know how many children we'll have or whether Max will be our only son or if we'll have five more boys, but that's one of the best parts about growing up. I love that we have our whole future ahead of us and that we have forever to figure out who we're going to be and how we're going to live our lives. It's so easy to be negative in this day and age and it's so easy to judge others (and yourself... especially yourself) harshly, but I guess what I'm saying is that Mr. C. and I are just happy to be alive, happy to be healthy, happy to have the gospel, and happy to have forever in front of us.