Thursday, August 18, 2011

For My Love.

Dear Mr. C.,

Do you remember three years ago when you were nursing a crush on a girl you'd seen once? And do you remember that, a few weeks after you first saw her, she came over to your apartment and Facebook friended you afterwards, even though you barely spoke a word to her? And do you remember how, a little after that, she uploaded pictures of herself with her best friend, decked out in vintage inspired (red!) swimwear and a white wide-brimmed hat, and as soon as you saw the images, you went from a nursing crush to flat-out interest in seconds because she was so artistic/indie/funny/mysterious and unlike anyone you had ever met before? (ps. Those were your words, not mine.)

pondside

Well. Today, I picked up that white wide-brimmed hat to use for a photoshoot and once that shoot was over? I took these just for you.

pondside
pondside
pondside
pondside

I may not have the same rockin' bod I used to, be as mysterious as I was before we ever talked, and I no longer care too much about what bands, movies, and secret dance parties are the most legit. BUT. These days, I know how to hang all your pants up correctly, what your favorite dinners and desserts are, and I'm raising your child. Plus, I'm willing to step in front of a camera for you, even though being in front of a camera by myself makes me shiver with nervousness and awkwardness usually reserved for a sixth-grade middle schooler receiving his first swirly. So that's gotta count for something, right?

pondside

Love you.
(p.s. You are stuck with me.)