Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday.

Today was the type of day where everything just kinda works.

Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Satuday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

Not that everything went perfectly according to plan. I woke up on time but could have slept in for thirty more minutes. I didn't get lost when I drove to my best friend's mom's house (so easy to do), but I had to stop for three (cuuuute) puppies in the middle of the road and was terrified that I would drive over one, especially when they sidled right up to my car. I took Maxwell out for an Indian dance in the middle of a rainstorm, but I had nasty hair and makeup for the rest of the day. I wanted to take an afternoon nap, but mostly I just laid there with my eyes closed. I thought we'd be able to say good night to my dad tonight like normal, but instead he was hopped up on a sleeping pill and when I asked him what his biggest fear was, he said "gophers" (ha!). I wanted to have pillow talk with Mr. C. after combing through some photographs taken today, but he fell asleep in five seconds flat.

I guess what I'm saying is I love days where I work hard, smile so much my cheeks hurt multiple times throughout the day, have more than thirty minutes with Mr. C., and where I am so excited about our future (and our present!) that my heart feels like it might burst.

It's a cheesy one, but there's something romantic about feeling a whole cage of butterflies fluttering around your heart. Something romantic, strong, and empowering- and I kinda like it. I like it a whole bunch.