Thursday, September 15, 2011

This Post is about Max.

Self Portrait
[Me yesterday, having the only non-after-midnight alone time I've had since Sunday.]

A few days ago, Max started being fussy. He's a really good natured little lad, so when he starts being bratty, I'm pretty quick to realize that teeth or a cold are in the near future. But! This time, I was busy battling a cold myself and thought that I was just getting annoyed easily. Monday night rolled around and, during dinner, Max threw a full fledged tantrum complete with snot, tears, and falling over. He went to bed soon after and on Tuesday, he didn't get off of my lap unless he was asleep in his crib. Yesterday, I took him to the doctor and found out he has two ear infections, an upper respiratory infection, and he's cutting teeth. Fun, right?

It wasn't at first! He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't do much of anything except whimper. But now! A few days and a lot of prescription drugs in, he'll finally eat! I'm a worrywart of a first time mother, so I made all of his favorite foods, from peanut butter and jelly to bacon and he refused them all. So I busted out the big guns: chocolate chip cookies.

And it was like heaven made in an oven! He watched them bake, sat patiently (surrounded by other untouched food including potatoes and peas and beef and cheetos) while they cooked, and started screaming on cue when I pulled them out of the oven.

He just ate like three all by himself and my carpet now has a chocolate stain.
But some days, little boys just need cookies.

Also to watch Tangled for the seventh time in three days because it's the only movie that holds your attention.
But that's probably another blog post for another day.