Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Today is a Day of Suck.

Strong words, eh? Well, I'll say it again.

Today is a day of suck.

I started feeling gross yesterday morning and today? I'm a full fledged mess dressed in a droopy gray t-shirt and ragged black leggings with puffy eyes and a red nose. My apartment is strewn with toys, laundry, shredded paper, and Halloween decorations Maxwell managed to pull out of shopping bags and unroll from their wrappings. Max is down for his third nap in ten hours (seriously) and it's a good thing because today he's been showing up two year olds in the midst of their worst terrible two tantrums.

BUT.

I'm okay with having a day of suck.

That felt empowering to say because it's not something I hear often. So I'll say it again: I'm okay with having a day of suck. I'm okay with messes of little shoes, little toys, and a sink full of dishes. I'm happy to have a baby that becomes more determined to do something each and every time I say "no" and I'm okay with three piles of clean laundry on my bedroom floor and an unmade bed calling out my name. I'm not okay with it every day, every other day, or once a week. But I am okay with it today. And so, right now, I am embracing my day of suck- swollen facial features, queasy tummy, messy hair, grouchy baby, and everything else that comes with it.

P.S. This is what I did for three hours this morning:

Screenshot

I'd only been on it once or twice and didn't fall in love with it but, after today, I get the addiction.