Friday, September 02, 2011

The Used Book Shop

Yesterday, we spent the morning in the best used book shop ever imagined.
A little skeptic? Here's the proof!

Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop

Ah! This book shop (Dickson Street Book Shop) is a little slice of heaven. We stepped into it a few weeks before we moved here, when we were checking out the town and making our last minute grad school decision, but when we first visited the store, we had no idea just how massive this shop actually is. It's like fifteen one bedroom apartments! At least!

Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop
Book Shop

I love the floor to ceiling shelves, the stacks of books on the floor, the notes slapped up all over the sides of shelves, the random framed pictures, the cardboard signs, the fact that the employees chuckled at me when I asked it I could take pictures and that no one seemed surprised when I started lugging around a fifteen pound camera, complete with a honkin' lens. Not to mention the mint condition Life Magazines on sale- a collection with editions dating back to the forties and the fact that, if I went there myself, I could easily pass a day without paying attention to time... even though there's next to no furniture. This place is a book lovers dream! And honestly, the only thing that could make it better would be if they sold fresh flowers and chocolate chip cookies at the register. Scratch that. The only thing that would make it better would be if they gave you fresh flowers and chocolate chip cookies at the checkout.

Seriously. It is that amazing.
Did I mention we got a near-pristine condition 1960s Babar book? Ah!

Book Shop

We are a Babar (and book!) loving household.