Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Five Things I Love About Fall: Sarah!


Thank you so much, Lissa, for having me over today and hello lovely Me & Mr. C readers!

I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous fall season (or whatever season it is in your part of the world!) I've been busy filling my life and blog with as much fall fun as possible since it is my most faaavorite season. Here are 5 of my favorite things about it..

1. Colorful leaves.
I love watching the leaves change. I once met a man on a trail out in California who told me that of all the places he's been and things he's seen.. the fall foliage in New York is by far his favorite. New York is quite beautiful this time of year.




































2. Apple picking.
My boyfriend introduced me to apple picking 2 years ago. I know. I went 23 years without picking a single apple! We always go back to the same local orchard near his parents house upstate. It's so pretty up there.


3. Hot coffee and cozy boots.
Especially if the coffee is a fall flavor like pumpkin spice or cinnamon and the boots are extra cozy.


























4. Applesauce...
apple pie, apples... pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spiced granola.. I love all fall food staples. I'm not much of a chef, but I did manage to make a delicious applesauce a few days ago. I can't wait to try some apple pie.. preferably with little star cutouts on top.



























5. Hiking.
Fall is my favorite time of year to go hiking. Gorgeous colors, brisk air, bright sunshine.. I love fall hiking so much.



























Am I missing anything? I think if there as a #6 it would be fairs and festivals. Ah, I love a good festival.
Especially if it's centered around something like apples and has plenty of hot chocolate. mmmm.