Thursday, November 10, 2011

: 869 :

869

Early this year, I made the goal to read one hundred books in 2011.
Ridiculous, right? Who has time to read a hundred books in a year? But! I made the goal anyways and, now that the end of the year is just around the corner, I might be twenty eight books behind. Bad, right?

I'm not one to give up in the face of the challenge though so I need to pick up steam.
But I don't just need steam! I need book recommendations!

(!!!)

I just finished Crossed by Ally Condie and am starting The Paris Wife by Paula McLain in the Morning since it's my 11-11-11 present from Mama C. (thanks, Mama C!)... and basically I will read anything but paranormal young adult fiction. So! Give me Children's recommendations! Sad recommendations! Funny recommendations! Happy recommendations! Fiction recommendations! Biography recommendations! Classics recommendations! Young Adult recommendations! Scary recommendations! Literary recommendations! Awesome recommendations! Really, I'm game for anything (particularly if it's fast and/or super engrossing), but keep your vampires, werewolves, fallen angels, and cute little demons at home, not because I don't like them, but because I've read like three series about each of the things listed above in the past three years and that, my friends, is too many.

Scratch that. I might read about vampires... but only if they're scary.

ps. If you are super nerdy like me, be my Goodreads friend here!
pps. If you're looking for a book recommendation, then you should probably just go read Gone With the Wind if you haven't already. I love me some Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler... but who doesn't?
(Don't answer that.)