Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Backup Plan

After a seriously intense day, I ended up buying this baby.

Like most parents, the plan has always been for Mr. C. to work full time so that we could have nice things like insurance and two cars. But! But. Mr. C. is still in grad school. As the wife of a grad student, I sometimes feel like wives of medical students and law students look down at me and think "You think you have it hard?" but, truthfully, having your husband in any kind of further education (even undergrad!) is a serious time sucker. Andrew's a really good student and he's really good at balancing and he's a really, really, really hard worker. But! He's also a grad student, meaning no one wants to hire him full time.

And I get that. I really do get that.

Anyway, because of this (at least since we've moved here), we have always had a Plan B. The Plan B that meant training Mr. C. a little more in photography (my soul, that man has an eye), loading him up as an unemployed second shooter (nice that husbands can tag along for free, right?), and expanding my photo business in every direction. And, as of now, that is what we're doing. We are expanding in every way possible and it's a lot scary and a little frustrating and really tiring, but we know it's what we're supposed to do. And we are doing it.

P.S. This little sucker will also be making a trip to our camera bags in the next week.
You do what you gotta do, right?

P.P.S. I'll probably dedicate a post to it in the next few days, but right now I'm running a really simple contest for free wedding photography. Anyone can apply (though travel fees exist outside of Northwest Arkansas and Kansas City) and we're excited about it!