Thursday, February 02, 2012

Me and Mr. C.

Sometimes, when I'm bored or when I run into someone who reads this blog, I wonder what people think of me and Andrew. Vain, right? I know! But, still, sometimes I wonder for ten or fifteen seconds cause I really don't know. I have no idea what kind of couple we are on the outside, but inwardly, we're the kind of couple who cover a whole spectrum of everything that ever was.

We're best friends. We love each other. We bicker. We get on each others' nerves. We disagree on parenting tactics. He likes to sit on the couch and I like to sit on the bed. He loves movies and, if watched more than once or twice a week (maybe month?), I can't stand 'em. We like a lot of the same things. We splurge money on different kinds of items. We argue about what books and music are best. He buys me sappy love songs and surprises me with CDs because it's "so high school". We snuggle all the time and are so tangled together in the morning that it's impossible to move without waking the other person up. I like to stew when I'm angry but I get mad when he won't talk when he's angry. He's obsessed with The Beatles and, except for that phase when I was twenty-one where I color tinted the same photograph of myself in seven different ways and arranged them in long film strips, I've never cared much about The Beatles. We both buy books and don't read them. We have totally different ideas of what a clean kitchen is. He's messy. I'm not messy but I have a messy personality. He always talks about politics and the injustices of the world. I always talk about photography and art and the way Max's legs moved so fast when he tried to run away at bedtime. We laugh a lot. We stay up too late. We get mad at the dog over the same things. We love church. I worry about money and success constantly and he's constantly saying "We're good". We're happy together. I mean, we just click, even on nights like tonight when we go to bed with a messy house cause he's been gone all day and I've been working all day.

But, outwardly, you can't tell any of that.
And because I actually didn't take one single photo today (whoops! third day of our marriage that I've missed!), here's an oldie:

Oldie

Yep. When we were skinny, had short hair, weren't yet parents, could stay up all hours of the night and operate on two hours of sleep, and my skin was the same color it had been for the first twenty-two years of my life until I became a whitey (partly because Mr. C. banned me from tanning beds after we got hitched).

Who am I kidding? Andrew's still skinny, even behind that bushy beard he's got going on right now.
And, let's be honest, we still stay up all hours of the night.

PS. My husband said that I should add that I am super clingy when I want to be, but I think he may have just been saying that because I was laying on his back as he read this blog post. Cause clingy is in the eye of the beholder and in my eyes? Not so much.