Monday, February 06, 2012

Weekend.

This weekend was a whirlwind of a lot of unexpected things... and we loved it!

The first unexpected thing: The death of Andrew's long beard. Now, I'm no prude when it comes to beards. I mean, sometimes I really love them. But! Sometimes I really don't, which is what happened when I took a look at Andrew the other night and said "the beard has got to go". We always cut Andrew's hair late at night and this time was no exception, except this time, since it was facial hair and not the hair on his head, I just sat there and made jokes which, of course, he loved!

beard beardbeard beard
(ps. We compromised and now Andrew's sporting a short beard instead of a long one, as obvious in the photos below.)

The second unexpected thing was Max's serious infatuation with Steak and Shake (also Mr. C.'s).

steakshake-2
steakshake-6
steakshake-14

Seriously. I don't think our boy could be any cuter. And I realize that I'm saying that from a totally biased perspective but come on! Look at those sweet lips and perfectly squishable cheeks. Love him... even though he thinks his life is over since he woke up suuuuper early and he's now down for a morning nap that, based on the moans coming from his crib, may happen in three minutes or may not happen until three o'clock this afternoon.