Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Glasses. And Beds. And Blogs.

I keep promising myself that I won't use Instagram photographs in day-to-day blog posts but, y'know, whatev. Today, I am using Instagram photographs.

April 24thApril 24th

This morning, Max and I kept things classy and paid a visit to Walmart's eye doctor. I haven't had my eyes checked since I was twenty-one so I have been seriously itching for new glasses and contacts. I've been wearing glasses since I was eight and contacts since I was thirteen and I have horrible astigmatism and, well, vision, so these babies have been a long time coming. Also, these frames were both dirt cheap ($25 for the one on the left, $9 for the one on the right) and they looked so close to the $90 glasses that I bought both of these instead of one more expensive pair. Max broke my favorite pair of glasses when he was, like, six months old, so I don't really foresee expensive or even semi-expensive frames anytime in my near future since glasses aren't exactly baby or toddler proof. Then again, maybe I am just a glasses prude... or a money prude. Probably both.

April 24thApril 24th

In other news, Mr. C. is trying to get Little C. to transition into a big boy bed and it is not working. Andrew is a softie, meaning he tries to cradle Max to sleep and then, twenty minutes later, a smirky little boy will come barreling out of the bedroom and a defeated dad will follow behind him (and, let's be honest, this usually ends with me putting Max in the crib because I'm not ready for him to be in a big boy bed yet). These two are best friends. A huge part of me hopes there will be another little man crawling around after them this time next year, but it would also be really nice to be able to buy polka dot dresses and pint-sized leggings and sparkly headbands for a happy little girl. We'll see.

Anyway, this is totally off topic, but I've noticed lately that I've almost completely stopped reading blogs. I didn't read them when I started this blog, but I got pretty into them when I was pregnant with Max. Now-a-days, though, I only read blogs occasionally and, half the time, they seem forced and/or so trainwreckish that I end up texting my sister-in-law for thirty minutes about a single post. So my question is this: are lifestyle blogs dying?

I guess this is a lifestyle/mommy blog, so I should probably say that it won't hurt my feelings if they are. I'm honestly just really curious.