Sunday, April 08, 2012

Jelly Beans and a Camera Lens.

My whole life, I have turned my nose up at jelly beans.

Then, two years ago, I ate an entire bag of Starburst jelly beans all on my lonesome. I mean, that's a bit of an exaggeration but since I'd never even tried a jelly bean before, just put them on my tongue and spit them back out, the little bowl I ate seemed like an entire bag. They were, like, the best things I had ever tasted and Max (still a fetus) went into a sugar coma for the next seven hours. I didn't eat any jelly beans last year but today? Oh, today! The Easter Bunny comes to the Chandler home on Friday nights and well... I have been eating jelly beans all day long.

13.5

Apparently, though, jelly bean lovin' is a family trait this year. The Easter Bunny brought Andrew four bags of Starbust jelly beans this year and, this morning, Maxwell plopped himself down in front of the bowl and, several handfuls later, they had to be separated. And a few hours after that, Napoleon was found eating fallen jelly beans off the ground. I mean, you do what you gotta do for sugar, right?

Babe

Also, can we talk about how I felt bad all week because I knew I was getting an instant camera in my little basket and that my husband was only getting candy, a book, and a movie? Well, let me brag about how my husband is the best (and most supportive!) husband ever because our tiny shared basket not only had a Instax Wide camera sitting in front of it but one of my dream lenses snuggled against his candy and book. I coulda killed him on the spot because we never, ever buy camera equipment without discussing the finances for several weeks and/or months, but instead I cried because this lens takes the most gorgeous photographs of children and it has been on my to-buy list for a ridiculously long time.

Man

That man. He's a tricky one.