Thursday, June 07, 2012

How We've Been Spending Summer Mornings.

June 7-3
June 7-7
June 7-5
June 7-9
June 7-10
June 7-11
June 7-15
June 7-14

Earlier today, I told Andrew something like this:

"I think I'm not going to worry about every little thing this summer. I'm going to keep the apartment clean but I'm not going to be crazy about it. I'm going to take Max on an outing every single day- whether it be to the store or the park or the library or on a walk downtown or out to eat for a cheap meal- and the rest of the day, I'm just going to let him do what he wants. We'll play outside every morning and take naps in the middle of the day and I'll work when he's awake when I need to and not stress about whether or not the TV is on."

Needless to say, Maxwell spent most of his day on the porch playing with his toys in our biggest pot full of water. He watched Care Bears while he transferred half of his toy box into the kitchen and I worked on a wedding. I vacuumed after dinner and mopped when Max went to bed but I didn't fold the pile of clean laundry sitting next to Andrew's side of the bed. And you know what? Every single person in our family is happy right now, even the dog.

So in my book, today was a win.
It's nice to see you, summer. We've been waiting for you for the past nine months.