Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Late Night.

photo-74

Right now, I am cross eyed from staring at the computer screen all day.... and, apparently, I am smirky lipped, too, even though there's no one awake to smirk at. Even Napoleon has deserted me for his bed. Or maybe he deserted me for the yet-to-be-folded laundry pile next to my bed (probably). I'll find out in a few minutes. That puppy of ours is one of the most rotten dogs I have ever met and I'm not even sure how it happened, but it probably has something to do with the fact that, whenever he looks at you, his eyes plead "Love Me!".

Anyway, I just wrapped up edits on a gorgeous wedding a few minutes ago and I can't believe that it's July, that I only have two weddings left in my editing queue, one wedding left to shoot (+ edit) for the rest of the entire summer, and that I'll basically be on maternity leave in five or six weeks. I mean, how does time go so fast? Maxwell speaks in complete sentences now. Sentences like "I want cheese, Mommy." and "No! That's my hippo, puppy!". And the straight-ish direction my hair went during his pregnancy has now bounced back to crazy wavy with this pregnancy. And my husband has a grown up job that gives him a retirement fund and life insurance, but somehow I feel like we are still the terrified twenty-two years old we were when we first got married. The ones who sat on the floor of their one bedroom apartment at one in the morning, laughing while eating late night snacks consisting of peanut butter and jelly and yogurt and granola.

I kinda miss those days a lot sometimes, but I know I'll miss these days, too. Funny how that works.