Monday, September 10, 2012

Mommy Stuff.

photo-130photo-132

This morning, my mom, my sister, Max, and I went to the doctor to find out how little Henry is currently measuring. I'm super lucky that, this pregnancy, I haven't really gained much weight anywhere other than my stomach. Sure, I have a swollen face and swollen fingers, but nothing else is drastically different right now. My stomach, though, is huge! It is laughably huge right now and we have had such a good time tracing Henry's little body the past few weeks. Last night we found a foot and it was so fun to just lean back and trace, poke, and follow that little foot for fifteen minutes. Experiences like that make pregnancy so much fun, no matter how hard it is to walk or stand up or fall asleep or stay awake. It's my favorite part (besides the baby that comes at the end).

Anyway, according to my October 10th due date, I am 35 weeks and 5 days pregnant. According to my ultrasound, Henry is a 38 week and 5 day baby. Initially, the technician thought he was already measuring at 40 weeks, but once we got him to wiggle some more, she was able to get better measurements and his age went down some. Part of me was surprised he's measuring that large, but then again, I'm not surprised at all. Max was born when I was 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant, so Henry is following in his brother's footsteps almost down to the very day. Weight wise, he's already a little over seven and a half pounds. We were told that Max was seven and a half pounds the day before he was born, and he came out eight. Anyway, I'm well aware that ultrasounds can be off this late in the game, so we'll see when Henry decides to make an appearance, but it's nice to have rough measurements to go on. We are so ready for him to join our little fam.

That said, I don't want to go into labor until I have reached full term, so I'm taking it really easy this week. Maxwell is currently on his way to Kansas City with my mom, our apartment is pretty clean, and I'm going to spend most of the next few days sleeping and telling Henry to stay in there for just a little bit longer (also crying because I suck at being away from Max). I mean, I would love for Henry to come sometime late next week, but for now, I'd love for him to keep baking... even if it means he comes out ten pounds.