Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First Normal Day.

photo-138photo-139

Today was my first normal day with my two boys.

I mean, Andrew did come home a few hours early (thank heaven for Fall Break and a husband awesome enough to work up Comp Time before his baby's birth!), and I was able to take a nap which, let's face it, won't be in my normal schedule after I've fully recovered, but today was the first day where I had to chase down a toddler to change his diaper- "The bad guy pooped, Mama! The bad guy!"- while holding a newborn that was busy projectile vomiting most of the morning and busy screaming whenever he was put down the rest of the morning. But! It was also the first day where Little H played with his mirror and also the first day that, as Little H played with his mirror, Maxwell dangled animals into the other side of the cradle saying, "A zebra, Huck! A zebra!".

So! Even though it's chaotic and kinda gross and I'm bursting at the seams to be able to go on walks and drive a car so I can take my babes to storytime and the grocery store and I'm dying to be able to pick up Max, I am welcoming this new life chapter with open arms.